Good news, California campers! The camping season is just about to begin at the end of this month, which means that it is time to get ready by preparing all of your gear and necessary plans for a successful trip!
With all of the little things you need to remember to pack, prepare, and plan, it can at first be a bit overwhelming to start getting things together for an RV camping trip. However, there are a number of ways you can make the experience easier, and Adventures in Camping can help you do it!
In addition to providing high-quality vacation travel trailers for your family RV camping trip, Adventures in Camping offers the unique and timesaving service of parking your chosen trailer at the campsite of your choice so you don’t have to!
Adventure in Camping can really make it possible for you to make the most out of your RV camping trip this season by taking much of the hassle and time out of trailer transportation and set-up; moreover, you can rest assured knowing that your trailer will come equipped with a solid supply of materials that will make your trip easier as well, including basic cookware and eating utensils, and extra linens.
Now to truly get the most out of the upcoming camping season, here are a few tips and tricks to help get you prepared and off on the right foot!
- Make sure you acquaint yourself and everyone on the camping trip with you of some of the basics of the trailer, should any emergency require them to know how to operate something on the RV; for example, the electric, water, and sewer hookups, as well as the location of first aid and fire extinguisher, are all things everyone should know about.
- Plan meals ahead of time! Save yourself an immense amount of stress at the campsite by planning meals; this includes the prep, recipes and ingredients, cookware and planning how long meals will take to cook considering the method you choose to use.
- Another simple tip that can make a big difference throughout your trip is saving the amount of water consumed, For example, when doing dishes, you can fill up water tubs instead of running the tap constantly, and scrape off the majority of the leftover food into the trash instead of using the water to rinse it all off.
- Packing appropriately and wisely is key, so do not make the mistake of forgetting these basic supplies: first aid kit, flash lights, head lamps and lanterns with extra batteries, two-way radios, cast-iron cooking gear, basic tool kit, bottled water and water containers, bug spray, extra fuel for lanterns, citronella candles, stoves, grills, compass, whistle, and toilet paper.
- Remember that RV camping sites tend to get booked rather quickly once the camping season begins so it’s always a good idea to plan your trip well in advance in order to find the right destination. For an idea of all the wonderful campsites serviced by Adventures in Camping, check out the list of the sites, as well as their wide selection of trailers online!