It’s that time of the year again to get your camping gears ready for a new RV camping adventure!
As the cold winter melts away, it’s best to start planning and preparing for your summer getaway with a camping trip.
Prepping early for your adventure may be a daunting task, but it’s a good practice so you won’t be able to forget the things you need to bring to experience a full-blown camping adventure.
There’s so much to remember, but there are things you can prepare and pack in advance so you won’t stress about them when the time comes
Here are the things you can do ahead of your adventure:
- Make a checklist of all the things you need to take along with you on your camping trip. That way you won’t be able to forget anything necessary to make your trip a success.
- Find all your camping gear and check their condition so you can separate the decent ones from those that need replacement or repairs. Doing this will give you time to buy what you need or get repairs done on your equipment.
- Do research on where your next adventure will be so you will be able to know the things you need to bring.
- When camping, bug repellant is essential. Find out what type of bugs are prevalent in your preferred destination so you can buy the appropriate repellant and be protected from insect bites.
- Start pre-packing some wardrobe items such as hiking boots, hiking pants, and rain gear so you won’t have to do it as your trip approaches.
- You can also pack your camp kitchen item (cast iron frying pan, silverware, cutting knife, and cleaning sponge/dish soap) ahead of time.
- Check if your flashlight, radios, GPS units, and other battery-powered gear are charged or need a battery replacement.
- Do you have a dog you’re planning to bring along? You can start packing your pooch’s items with your pre-packed things so you won’t forget their essentials such as feeding dishes, a container for water, a sturdy leash, and collar, and play toys.
- If you already own an RV, it probably has been sitting in the garage for a few months now. Get your RV ready by checking its exterior, tires, battery, water lines and pipes, dump and sewer hoses, awnings, appliances, and generator. Clean the things that need to be cleaned, and test the functionality of those that need to be checked.
It may seem a lot of work, but these are these things are important for your trip.
But you don’t need to worry about any of that. You can have a camping adventure without the hassle of setting up camp because we’ll do it for you!
We at Adventure in Camping provide you the RV you need you need so you can experience the best summer adventure. You can rent a fully-equipped and ready to go RV from us!
We’re proud to say that we have been Mammoth Lakes and the Eastern Sierras’ premier trailer rental and delivery service since 1959.