Going camping or hiking and need a tool to help you get your trip planned more efficiently? Well, there’s an app for that! In fact, nowadays there’s an app for just about anything you could possibly need when it comes to going on an outdoor adventure, like hiking or camping, many of these apps are designed to help you make the most out of your trip! So before you head out for your next hike or camping trip, remember to download some of the best outdoor apps available for Android and iPhone today; here are 5 of the top camping, hiking, and outdoor activity-related apps this year:
- Camp Finder: This app is incredibly handy for the frequent camper because of all the ways in has for users to search and locate the perfect campground. Features include: Access to information on over 19,000 campgrounds, RV parks, and resorts, filter your campground search by location, amenities, rates, reviews, in order to find the campground that’s best for you; see photos of the campsites listed; get GPS coordinates of the campgrounds for easy directions when traveling, even compare campgrounds side by side! Price-$3.99
- AllTrails: Need some new ideas for different trails and places to hike and mountain bike this season? AllTrails may be just the app you are looking for; with AllTrails, you have detailed information of thousands of hiking trails, mountain bike paths, and scenic routes, all at your finger tips! Check out maps, reviews, pictures, and even sort trails based on difficulty, according to length, terrain, accessibility, etc. Unique feature of this app: allows you to upload your activities on the app to share with friends and exchange reviews.
- Yonder: If you are looking for a unique take on planning your next outdoor adventure, try Yonder, the app that is designed to connect people in a mobile community based on a shared love of adventure! With 25 activities to search and over 20,000 destinations to explore on Yonder, there is a never ending supply of ideas and people to connect with when planning an outdoor activity-whether that activity be kayaking, hiking, mountain climbing, or skiing, all outdoor adventure-lovers are guaranteed to find something worthwhile on Yonder.
- Map My Hike: Ready for a completely new way to think of and experience hiking? Look no further than the app, Map My Hike, the interactive tool that allows you to track and log up to 600 different types of outdoor activities and workouts, also while recording detailed stats related to your performance during the activity. For the true fitness nut, this app can inspire you to get out and explore new hiking trails with the Gear Tracker feature that analyzes your GPS-based workout with instant stat-feedback.
- SAS Survival Guide: A must-have for every outdoor traveler, this app features the tips and instructions straight from a survival guide expert and soldier, with photos of animal tracks and knots, and even giving users access to a morse code signaling tool, a survival checklist, as well as over 100 questions to test your own survival-skill knowledge prior to your next adventure!